- linux headers; depends on your disto version. FE:
2. mkdir /mnt/cdrom
3. ESXi -> VM -> Guest -> Install VMware Tools
4. sudo mount -o ro /dev/cdrom /mnt/cdrom
5. tar xzvf /mnt/cdrom/VMwareTools-9.0.0-782409.tar.gz -C /tmp/
7. READ and check! If something isn’t working after the installation, you’ll want to know what you’ve entered here.
While developing my new ZFS stats program, i needed to parse the output of ‘zdb’, a ZFS command which returns a tab indented output with a parent-child hierarchy. I made a recursive function in Python which reads all the lines in the ‘file’, and parses the output in a hierarchical dictionary so each key-value pair is directly accessible in Python, with the logic of the original output still maintained. Continue reading
The ZFS-Stats v1.2 Stable release is now available for download. Look it up at my GitHub repo.
*** CHANGES ***
Added zpool IOSTAT attributes:
- read & write operations
- read & write bandwidth
- space avail & alloc
- checksum errors
- zpool vdev state
- Parsing of the settings.xml failed, which resulted in a runtime error and caused the program to exit.
- Fixed the bug where the program left a zombie process after every iteration.
- Fixed the bug where after a certain time, zfs-stats was unable to open the libzfs handle. (v1.2 bug). This version has only been tested on OpenIndiana build 151a7.